Awards & Honors
- Honorable mention in The Writers’ Workshop’s 2019 Poetry Contest (for poem “The Healing Book”)
- Semifinalist in the 2018 ScreenCraft Cinematic Short Story Contest (for short story “The Good Parent”).
- Honorable mention in the “Cultural Travel” category in the 2019 North American Travel Journalists Association Awards Competition (for travel essay “Elixirs of Nature,” published in The LA Review of Books).
- Honorable mention in the 2018 Solas Awards for Best Travel Writing (for “Elixirs of Nature”).
- An excerpt from my sci-fi novel Without Limits was included in the Extreme Imagination book of art, design and writing.
- Gold in the “Love” category in the 2018 Solas Awards for Best Travel Writing (for travel essay “Walkabout Love in China,” published in Perceptive Travel.
- Bronze in the “Travel and Healing” category in the 2018 Solas Awards for Best Travel Writing (for essay “Letters from Dad,” published in Living Now Magazine.
- Third place for “Letters from Dad” in the 2017 “Hard Times Contest” from The Writers’ Workshop.
- Honorable mention in the 2016 Memoirs Contest from The Writers’ Workshop for “The Hate Game,” published in The Good Men Project.